Saturday, November 19, 2011

Climbing Out Of the Pit

My daughter just spent almost a week up here in Santa Barbara while Debbie was away at a retreat. I had a procedure that upgraded my DBS stimulators, which, after a decade of use, were down to the dregs. Mallory came up to work on a project with me and to simply be here if needed.

I am profoundly grateful to her -- she's everything a parent could want in a child; hard- working, good at her craft, and non-judgmental.

I'm much more gradually shedding the effects of the anesthesia this time; it has really slammed me. The stim units are on, but they still need to be fine-tuned. It's very hard to work, both because I'm so slow and limited in movement, and because it's hard to think.

I am getting better ... But slowly. Oh so slowly ...

No comments: